After surgery, most surgeons order pain tablets such as Vicodin or Percocet. These narcotics will help with pain but have significant side effects. Some patients have hallucinations, many report brain fog. Nausea and obstipation are very common. These medicines cover up the pain do not help with the underlying cause of the pain. For that, we should look for Herbal treatments.
- Arnica Montana is derived from a flowering herb found in central Europe. It reduces inflammation and bruising.
- Bromelain is derived from the stems of pineapples. It helps reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is challenging to extract from natural sources, and thus it is mostly chemically synthesized. It is a great help in reducing nerve pain
- Ginger is harvested from the rhizomes of the tropical plant. It reduces inflammation and is especially helpful in preventing nausea.
- Turmeric is harvested from a plant that grows in southern Asia. Turmeric reduces inflammation and nerve pain.
The use of herbs is recommended and will decrease the need for narcotics and help your body heal naturally.
The regimen was developed by Dr. Shirin Towfigh, to whom I give thanks.
M-F 9am – 5pm
15965 Los Gatos Blvd. Suite 201
Los Gatos, CA 95032