Dr. William Brown, Sports Hernia Specialist
I was born in St Louis Missouri. My surgical training was at St Louis University Hospitals. This was an excellent program and served as a strong basis for work in private practice. My wife is from California so I moved back to the San Francisco Bay Area after training.
California is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. My oldest son is a Firefighter/Medic with the Livermore and Pleasanton Fire Department. My daughter enjoys caring for patients as a nurse in Berkeley. My younger son works at San Francisco International Airport. My wife is an educator. No grandchildren yet.
My interest in caring for patients with groin injuries started with Dr Art Ting. He and I trained together in medical school. He is the orthopedic surgeon for most of the local professional sports teams. About eleven years ago he asked me to evaluate one of the players for the San Jose Sharks Hockey Team. He had groin pain that was debilitating. After reading everything that I could find on groin injuries, I came to the conclusion that he had a “Sports Hernia.” I reconstructed his groin and he returned to the team without pain. Since then I have had the opportunity to care for many patients with this injury. The results have been very satisfying.
You can learn more about my credentials below.
- St. Louis University Medical School, Class of 1980
- St. Louis University Hospitals, Residency General Surgery,
Class of 1985 Vallee Willman MD Chairman
- St. Louis University Hospitals, Fellowship and General Vascular Surgery,
Class of 1986 Gary Peterson MD Chairman
- Board Certified in Surgery, 2016
- Board Certified in General Vascular Surgery, 2018
- Surgeon for the San Jose Sharks Hockey Team
- Surgeon for the San Jose Sabercats
- Surgeon for the original San Jose Earthquakes Soccer Team